Want to know what Universities are doing to organize their work around sustainable agriculture and food systems? Many faculty, staff and students have experienced the challenges of doing trans-disciplinary work inside silo-prone academic institutions. What does it take to build and maintain a home for the kind of research, teaching, extension, and engagement we need? How do those homes weather the storms of budget crises, academic unit reorganizations, leadership changes, and more?
Webinar #1: Thursday, May 27, 3pm Eastern/noon Pacific
- Casey Hoy, Ohio State Univ. Initiative for Food and AgriCultural Transformation;
- Nina Ichikawa, Berkeley Food Institute;
- Tom Kelly, Univ. of New Hampshire Sustainability Institute
Webinar #2: Tuesday, June 22, 3pm Eastern/noon Pacific
- Kamyar Enshayan, Univ. of Northern Iowa;
- Nancy Creamer, North Carolina State Univ., (retired) Center for Environmental Farming Systems;
- Tom Tomich, formerly with the Agricultural Sustainability Institute, Univ. of California Davis
Use this link to register now.
These webinars are brought to you by INFAS – the coalition of sustainable agriculture centers on campuses across the US. INFAS envisions a US food system that is environmentally sustainable and socially just.INFAS catalyzes frontier work in food systems research, higher education, extension, and institutional change that we can achieve much better together than by working alone.
INFAS webinars are open to all. Membership is not required.